Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More quilt show goodies


Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel - we needed lots of stamina for power shopping! Took the bus over to the convention center. Sherry ended up going back to the hotel early in the afternoon with a headache (but not before she had done a good bit of shopping) I guess all the dyes in the fabrics aren't good. I had a bit of one myself, but not as bad as Sherry's I did have to back out of several booths that had lavender in them - not good for my migraines. Anyway - Sandra, Sarah and I stayed and shopped some more. We managed to make it down every row and back to the beginning to hit the first couple of rows again. Sarah had seen a book she wanted to go back to get and we went back to the Silver Needle booth again. So - here is the run down on what I came out with on Saturday.

9 fat quarters of fabric

1 yd of muslin

1 Pine Mountain Pillow Kit - Stockings Were Hung

1 pkg Pink Pearl head pins

Needleboxes, Etc. - Mini Treasure box kit, Heart Sewing Case kit, Victorian Needle box kit

Bird Brain Designs - Traditional Redwork ornaments, Snowman Redwork ornaments, Winter Snowman Bluework

Plumcute designs - Words of Wisdom, Seasons of Baskets (Sherry bought that one for me - isn't she sweet?)

Plum Creek Collectibiles - Friendship Garden

A Quilters Dream - With Good Cheer (punchneedle)

The Good Life - This Isn't Dirt You See . . .

The Prarie Schooler - Pins & Needles, Country Wise.


Whew - I think that's it!
Sherry was feeling better by the time we got back to the hotel so we stitched a bit, then went down for dinner. What we had was good - when we finally got it, but that poor guy was having to be host, waiter and I think cook too! I don't think there was anyone else working that night. We weren't in a hurry and enjoyed the company so it was okay. We went back up for more stitching and chatting . We managed to stay up a bit later Saturday night and thought we were doing okay time-wise Sunday morning until we realized that the hotel clock automatically reset for daylight savings time! Yikes! Who would have thought that? Here we had been taking an hour off the time all morning! We managed to all get dressed and checked out with time to spare. Hopefully we will get to go again next year. In the meantime - we have the get-a-way in March to look forward to!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Great stash! You are going to be busy:) It sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'm thinking ya'll had way too much fun - I love all your new stash, enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun with the needle box kits. I had a great Festival. Joanne from Needleboxes, Etc