Friday, September 23, 2016

Do you have a favorite?

I don't know why but I've always loved yellow houses. They just look happy to me. 

Our first house wasn't yellow (we were just happy to have a house) and our second didn't start out that way (it was gray when we bought it - again, just happy to find a house we could afford) but when we left it, it was yellow with a big front porch and back deck.

Our last house was yellow but finding a house that wasn't brick wasn't easy. We had a tiny front porch and we added the back patio after we bought it. 

The porch on this house called my name. It wasn't yellow (all beige, walls, trim, ceiling and columns) but I knew I could paint it - I just wasn't sure if it was going to work with yellow. I didn't really see it as a yellow house but I finally found one I thought would maybe work. 

Banana Cream on the house, Alabaster on the trim, and Hinting Blue on the ceilings. 

I was nervous, I don't know why. I'm usually pretty certain once I pick a color. I've only gone wrong once - I painted our bedroom (in house #2) yellow but it showed up with a green tint so I repainted it the next day. 
As soon as they started spraying the first wall, I knew I was right!
I love it! 
Now if it will just cool off enough to light that fireplace!
Have a great weekend!



6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think it turned out fabulous. What a warm and inviting space you have created, Tina! Enjoy your weekend!

Terry said...

Perfect! I love the wicker on the porch!

pbrenner said...

It looks wonderful, yellow houses are my favorite! We just painted our house yellow this past April - Midsummer by Behr, with Sherwin Williams Dover White trim. It was a very blah taupe with deep red trim, very blah - it makes me happy now.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love a yellow house, too. I'd say you got it exactly right! It's lovely!

Michele Inman said...

It's lovely! I love yellow houses too, there's just something so cheerful, friendly and welcoming about them. Can't wait to see more pictures of your new house.

Mattie said...

Exactly, I too have a love for all those yellow houses. I think they just scream old town USA. They are inviting and warm, you get the feeling you are living back in the day when people would leave their doors unlocked and everybody in the neighbor hood knew each other by first names and had those wonderful block parties too.