Tuesday, October 27, 2020

It's a Mystery

 
This picture was taken when we were looking at this house in July of 2016. When the previous owner moved out in August 2016, she left this chandelier on the back porch. I never checked the lights to see if they were turned on or off, or even if they had batteries but we never saw the lights on. I left it there because I thought it was cool and would figure out something to do with it sooner or later.

Fast forward to 2020. Sometime either late fall (2019) or early spring, we took the chandelier down to put up windchimes. We just put it over on the concrete bench because, well, it's kinda cool and eventually I will do something with it, right?

In March, hubby went to let the dog out and saw this.

The lights were on! I promise we have not touched the lights. They stayed on for 4 days. They got a little dimmer each day until they went out completely.

In April (Easter Day) they repeated.

On Mother's Day, in the middle of a storm, they came back on again.

Last week when I walked by the window early in the morning, the lights were on again. The only thing we have done since May is to move it from the concrete bench to the deck box. Still have not touched the lights.

I took these pictures last Friday morning.

Most days they are pretty bright before daylight then get dimmer during the daytime though a couple of times they have stayed bright all day.

This entire time, the switch has been in the off position.

Right now they are pretty dim but we will see if they get bright again after dark.

I'm not sure if I want to open the battery pack or not. 

What if there aren't any batteries inside?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe They are solar lights??
It's a cool piece at any rate!
Enjoy
Darlene N

Terry said...

Considering your year last year......maybe you are receiving signs ..light in tough times. Oh my goodness.

Robin in Virginia said...

This is cool and interesting. I wonder if they are part battery/part solar.