Monday, August 8, 2022

A Finish!

Just to show, I do actually stitch now and then

I finished the stitching on Liberty Sam by Lizzie Kate.
I will wait until I get ready to fully finish him before I fuzz up the whisper thread and add the embellishments. I have his lady friend and will stitch her on the same fabric. 


I picked up the kit for this mesh tote at a quilt shop in Pueblo last summer and I finally decided to sit down and actually make the bag. Not my favorite project! It called for heavy duty nylon thread - if I never sew with that stuff again it will be too soon. I made some mistakes and my lines aren't all straight but it's just for me and I think it's pretty cute!

Still working on the cabinet make-over. It has actually made it into my sewing room (and said room is currently trashed - no sewing for me for awhile). I decided to go ahead and paint the wall behind it before I put it in place but before I can do that, there are some holes left by the previous owner that need to be patched. I'll have to paint this room one wall at a time. Too much stuff to move around!

That's it from hot and humid Texas.
I'm currently waiting on some paint to dry - it takes a minute with the high humidity.

 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Liberty Sam looks fabulous, Tina. What an adorable bag!