Friday, June 7, 2024

Where did I go?

 First, I have to say a huge thank you to my sister.

She planned a great trip for us.

It was a long way!

I've had a passport for 20 years and this is the first time I've used it.

A little worse for the wear but we made it!

A little mis-communication as to exactly what size car we needed. 
To be fair, my sister repeatedly expressed there were 4 adults with luggage. I guess that didn't translate well to French. Thankfully it wasn't that far to our first stop!

I really should have posted this yesterday but well, life.

This was not our first stop but it was the ultimate destination.
I'll back up and show more in another post.

Omaha Beach, Normandy, France.
It's really hard to comprehend what happened here 80 years ago.


It is so beautiful and peaceful.


Words and photos just cannot express the emotions when you see this.
There are over 5,000 graves here and the average age - 22.

We visited all 5 beaches and more photos to follow, but this sight is one I will never forget.




































1 comment:

Terry said...

Fabulous trip! You were brave to do all that!