Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Thanks so much for the compliments on the house the porch and the rockers. I sometimes have to go back and look at those pictures to remind myself how far we have come. We still have so much to do!
Annemarie - no - I didn't have to go to Houston to get the rockers. We got them in Longview at Ellis Pottery. I didn't even know that the store was there until I saw the ad in the paper last Sunday. They said they have been there 4 or 5 years. Umm - no, we don't get to Longview much! Or - we didn't - that could be a dangerous store! LOL



This one little peony bloom was on a bush in my mother's backyard a couple of weeks ago. The plant is a cutting from a bush that was in my grandmother's front yard. Mother went out of town for a couple of weeks and this - the first and so far only - bloom opened the day after she left.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

annemarie said...

Beautiful peony - one of my favorite flowers. I never heard of Ellis Pottery - we do have Garden Ridge Pottery here in Houston and that can be a dangerous store also! I bet they are similar. Hope you had a great Mothers Day.