Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend fun


Did ya miss me? Hubby took a couple of days off and we headed to East Texas on Thursday. We went to Kilgore to see baby boy and his bride. Time is slipping by so quickly - in a month they will be back in New York.

They are in Kilgore working at the Texas Shakespeare Festival. If you are nearby, check it out! With shows daily (except Monday) there are plenty of times and a variety of shows to choose from. We saw The Beaux' Stratagem this time and hope to get back and see a couple more shows before the end of the season. This was the first time in over two years we have been able to see baby boy on stage. I really miss being able to see him perform.

While we were waiting on them to finish the afternoon show we did a little shopping downtown and I picked up a couple of things.


Pink Fiesta dinner plates! I have a few pieces of pink but I didn't have any dinner plates. I only got two - they had more and ya never know, if we go back to see another show I could come home with more. :)


I'm in love with this find! Flower frogs aren't that hard to find but they are usually either chipped and/or over-priced. This is the first one I've found with the vase (or whatever you call that thing) that I was willing to pay for. (there was another one that was priced $10.00 more than this one and I had already passed it up before I found this one - fortunately I liked this vase better anyway!)

So, how did you spend your weekend?

No comments: