Monday, October 10, 2011

Super Sunday!

Yesterday was great! It rained most of the day - can't even remember the last time we had this much rain!

Hopefully some of it actually soaked into the ground instead of just running off - the ground is so hard right now!

So, what did you do this weekend? Saturday we were out and about - I picked up a little something for some projects - I can't wait to use it but I have a few things I need to do first. :(

I did finish my rocker project.
This little rocker was mine - I think I got it for my first birthday so it ain't young. It is, however, a bit dusty!


It has been recovered once before, (not by me) I think it was originally orange. (I have a picture somewhere, but since it is a black and white photo it wouldn't be a lot of help) The vinyl had become sticky for some reason - no idea why, but no matter what I cleaned it with, the sticky always came back. It also had a tear in the back so I thought it was time for a make-over.


I'm not sure I'm crazy about the fabric I used but I just couldn't find anything I really liked that didn't look totally girly - this was on sale so I don't have a lot of $$ in it. I almost used drop cloth but was afraid it would show dirt too quickly. Not sure why it matters since there are no little kids around to sit in it! (I don't know why the back looks crooked in the photo - it isn't in real life. Camera angle I guess) It will stay this way for awhile anyway - I have decided you need eight arms to upholster!

I've spent most of the day outside working on one of those projects that I have been putting off - working on FIL's Army trunk. Sanded and cleaned on the outside and was pretty optimistic, then I opened it. Smelly - yuck. I sanded on it a bit (no telling what I was inhaling) then wiped it down and left it open to air out. (suggestions welcome!) I'm going to wash the whole thing down with some bleach/water but I'm out of bleach so that will have to wait for another day. Once I get it cleaned well (and not smelly) I will seal it with some poly and it will be used in the game room as a coffee table. I'm not planning to paint it since it has his name painted on it.

I was asked to share info on the cross stitch pieces in the post from Friday, I have edited that post to include that info.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

aww it is a sweet rocker :) and not sure what you could use may be put some bicarb soda in a dish to help soak up the smell ???? and just scrolled down and saw the ghosts ... ooooo spookey ..lol love mouse xxxx