Friday, December 15, 2017

A Forest of Trees

We have a few trees around the house. Every year I say I am going to go smaller and every year the guys bring the totes down and off I go.

 This is our main tree where all the family ornaments go. No theme, just a lot of memories. Each of my kids has a box of ornaments that was started for them with their first Christmas. The oldest took some of his ornaments this year (he actually put up a tree in his apartment for the first time this year) but as you can see, we aren't short any ornaments. 

 A shot from the other side. We have to turn the table around to make a space for the tree so our furniture placement looks a little off during the holidays. Looks like it is leaning a little in this picture and no, there aren't any gifts under the tree. I haven't wrapped any yet!

 I started this little sweet tree a few years ago.  Looks like that bow needs a little fluffing. Some of the ornaments I purchased and some were gifts. It sits on the bar in the kitchen. I have a string of  lights on it but you can't really see them in the picture) You can see another tree in the background - for some reason I didn't take a picture of that one but it will show up again when I show other pictures from around the house. It has a twin and I do have a picture of the twin in this post.

 This little feather tree is in my sewing room. It didn't get out last year because I couldn't find it. I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked - who knows what I will find when I finally get around to unpacking them.

 In the guest room I have another little small tree.

 In the master bedroom I have a little wire tree that I picked up about 10 years ago. 

 This is the fireman tree. Hubby was a firefighter for 21 years (longer if you count volunteer years before getting a full time paid position) and I collected ornaments for him (and still do if I find a cute one) Our main tree became a little overloaded (before we bought a bigger tree several years ago) so I pulled these and gave them their own tree. I had it in the game room at the last house but no game room here so it is in the main room, just inside the front door.

 This is the twin to the tree in the kitchen. In our last house we only had two windows (downstairs) on the front of the house and they were both in the dining room so I had twin trees in there. Here I have one in the kitchen and one in the living room. (yes, that makes 3 trees in the living/main room)

That's it for the decorated trees. I have pictures of some of the rest of the 'fluff' and I will try to get another post up before the boys start arriving next week. Right now my battery says it needs a charge and I need to get busy.



2 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful as usual Tina. Thanks for the tour!

Christine said...

All of these trees are beautiful and I love how you decorated the top of your dressers! Thank you for sharing as it's a great inspiration. Enjoy your Holidays!