Friday, February 23, 2018

Just a quick post

Good Friday afternoon! There is actually some sun peeping out at the moment. It has been raining for a week and there is more in the forecast for the next week. Enough already!

 I can't remember if I showed these project bags so here they are (again?) Anyway - I again used Vonna - The Twisted Stitcher's tutorial and modified it a bit. I had some extra fabric so I made a couple of smaller ones too.
I am finally framing this Little House Needleworks piece. I'm not sure when I started it but I know my eyes were better because I stitched it over one! I changed the colors to match the house I was living in at the time (so it had to be pre-2009) after the yellow house with a green door we moved to a yellow house with a red door but I wasn't about to take out that over one stitching. I finished it in 2011. In 2016 we moved again and now have a yellow house with a blue door. (I like yellow houses!)
I've just got it propped in the frame so I could take a picture without the glare from the glass. (Same goes for the photo below)

This one is a Lizzie Kate design. I'm sure I speak for a lot of stitchers when I say I am going to miss seeing new designs from her. (in case you haven't heard - she is retiring) I still have many designs that have't been stitched but collecting is half the fun!
Anyway - I now have all the parts to get these two framed so I will be getting that done over the weekend.

Missed getting to go out to celebrate National Margarita Day yesterday so I think we may just have to go out to dinner tonight and celebrate a day late. :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Tina, what fun bags you created! I like the stitching themed fabrics. Your stitched/framed pieces look great. I like the frame moldings you picked for them. Enjoy your weekend and the Margarita!

Terry said...

Adorable fabrics! Your frames and pieces are very gorgeous! Very.