Friday, March 27, 2020

The Bag Lady

So, I made a few project bags.

I didn't really intend to make so many, but I was on a roll and I had cute fabric!

I watched several you-tube videos and took bits and pieces of each one,
 along with some trial and error, to come up with what worked for me.

That pink one came out a little larger than I intended but it's still cute! 

I used some scraps to make some smaller bags to hold gadgets - love my gadgets!

Do I need this many project bags? Not really. Could I fill this many? Definitely.
I've already gifted a couple of them and I have a couple set aside for future gifts.

I will probably make some more later, but for now I've cleaned up my mess. I need to look for some more fabric. My sewing room is small and I have to set up folding tables to have space to cut and iron. I worked on these for about 2 weeks and I got tired of the mess.

How are you passing the time during these difficult days? Have your daily activities been affected? I'm staying home for the most part. Getting a little stitching done. Since the gym is closed, I've been walking around the neighborhood. It is normally a pretty quiet neighborhood but it seems even more so these days. 

I pass a few other walkers and sometimes see people doing yard work. I can tell others have been working in their yards (or they have someone doing it for them) because yards are freshly mowed and flowerbeds have been cleaned up. (neither of these things have been done here yet) It's been quite warm here this week - I've already had to turn on the a/c.

I hope you are all well and staying safe.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Tina, your bags look fabulous. I love the variety of the fabrics you used. Well done! And one can never have too many.

We have been eating at home more because some times going to town just to pick up take out isn't worth it. More stitching time as well especially if I stay off the computer!

Take care and be well!

Terry said...

Really pretty fabrics and great workmanship! I just love them you know!

Anonymous said...

HI Tina! Oh, my, your dainty talented little fingers have been so so busy. Love your project bags. I know I could fill them up! Glad to see you're making good use of your time. I just want to cross stitch and not much else! Please stay safe and this will pass in time.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)