Monday, September 21, 2020

September Birthdays and Finished Stitches

 How's the weather where you are? We finally have some temps that feel somewhat like fall!

 We have a few September birthdays to celebrate.

First up - hubby's was on the 15th

Brittany's is today and Brian's is the 30th

Happy birthday to some of my favorite people!

I have a few things I not only finished stitching but I fully finished them!

This is the small from the Chalk Full Harvest by Hands on Design and Priscilla. I added buttons that I had in my stash and then used the magnet/washer trick to mount it onto a Hobby Lobby frame. I already had the magnet glued to the back of the stitching (this was my third attempt - I didn't like the first two) because I was going to stick it on something metal so I just hot glued enough washers to the glass on the frame to get it to meet the magnet. I may find something else later to stick it to then I can just remove the washers and still use the frame.

The larger design in the same chart pack is mounted on a padded board (the small is padded as well) then I put a gold fabric covered board with a sunflower covered board at the back. I may or may not go back and add a bow at the top. This is again held on with magnet since there are others in this series that I want to stitch. 

This one is an older piece. I actually stitched it in 2009 and just got it fully finished. It is by Twisted Threads and I think the coat or whatever it is she is wearing was purple and I changed it to blue. I did colonial knots instead of French knots and the needle I used was completely bent by the time I finished! 
I knew I didn't want it just in a frame but it took me this long to figure out what to do with it. 
Priscilla has taught us to all think outside the box with finishing!
I bought a 'box' from Michael's - this was in the summer clearance section - this actually the back side, there is a star on the other side. Anywhoo - I sprayed it with some white chalk paint and added a drawer pull. I was going to have hubby build me a drawer but this was 70% or 80% off so it was only a couple of dollars and worked perfect. I again mounted it on a padded board and put money fabric (which I've had since I finished the stitching part!) behind it. It's in there snug but not actually attached. (though I don't see myself using this for anything else at the moment. I have it sitting on the bookcase next to my computer where I pay bills. 

I do have another finish but I'll save it for later. I haven't fully finished it yet and it's a summer piece so I've got some time to figure that one out.

Guess that's it for now.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Happy Birthday y’all! Tina, more gorgeous stuff for your home!