Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas gift finishes

 

Made this quilt for Tyler. It's huge! It was a bugger to quilt on my machine but I got it done. I just used a 10' square of the focus fabric (game controllers) and made 4 patches out of various black/grey/white prints. No rhyme or reason to them, just cut and sewed together. I hope he enjoys it!

I probably showed Abigail's earlier but here it is after washing.

Abigail's birth sampler
Praisworthy Stitches
Sweet Baby Sampler
I stitched it on 36ct Vellum by Picture This Plus 
I didn't use the Belle Soie floss or the GAST suggestions. 
I dug through what Classic Colorworks I have and picked some that looked close to the picture. I didn't always use them in the same places.
I had to use a different alphabet to get her name to fit (I used the one from Little House Needleworks - Home of a Needleworker) I may have taken it out and re-stitched a few times before I was happy with it. 
I took the photo before I put the glass in as it makes for a better photo but I (almost) always put glass on my pieces.

I stitched a wedding sampler for Timothy and Cindy. 
They didn't exactly give me time to stitch it before the wedding so they got it for Christmas this year. 
Silver Creek Samplers
Built on Love
I can't find my working copy but I know I used 40ct Vellum by Picture this Plus. 
I think I used all the called for colors in this one.
I wanted their names instead of initials so I had to chart those and stitch over one. It took several attempts to get it like I wanted it and taking those over one stitches out was a bugger!
Again, I took the photo before putting the glass in.

And what post would be complete without a picture of sweet Abigail?

I will try to get some Christmas/decor photos up before too long. It will be out for a bit since I didn't actually finish the limited decorating I did until the 23rd!

Until next time
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful quilts you created for Tyler and Abigail! The birth sampler is a beauty. I love the wedding sampler you created for Timothy and Cindy. Well done, Tina!

Terry said...

Just found this! I love it all. You made beautiful treasures.
Abigail is just a lovely little one. So photogenic.