Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bedroom is painted

I did finish painting our bedroom - still haven't figured out what I am going to do with the window but I thought I would give a peak at the blue walls. Love 'em - so much better than all beige!

This is my side of the bed. I bought the ladder at Canton this past weekend. Let me just say one word about Saturday in Canton - COLD. 'Nuff said. Anyway - the tablecloth and napkin on the bottom and the pillowcases with pink were made by my great-grandmother. The 'his and hers' pillowcases are a very early embroidery project I did as a Christmas gift for my grandparents. If I remember right, I stitched them one summer while visiting my great-grandmother. The little towel on top is just something I picked up at an antique mall. The pictures on the right are my babies, each at 18 months of age. On the wall directly opposite that one I have their senior (high school) pictures. Pretty much the last time I could 'insist' on a picture! (I'll show that wall another day)

That is about it for today. So much to do, so little time!

Hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to embroider things in the summer at my grandparents too! I love the ladder. I want to go to Canton..but will wait till March or April! Terry in Arlington
ps..I got the fabric and started stitching! My needlework shop owner said that was one Big --- piece of fabric!

Nola said...

That ladder is PERFECT for displaying the handwork! Wow, it must have been freezing, I won't tackle Canton until about April.

Daffycat said...

It looks wonderful.

Your memories of stitching with your grandmother bring to mind memories of mine. She used to visit twice a year and always brought a craft project to teach me. She even did this after I was grown and married. The last one was basketweaving and I wove a birdhouse...