Thursday, February 23, 2012

Saying good-bye

Remember I told you I got something else (besides flowers and candy) for Valentines Day?


Well, first we said good-bye to the mom-mobile. We had her for 14 years, 360 days. While I was looking for the title, I found the paper tag dated Feb. 19, 1997 (but she was a 1996 model) So Valentines Day was 5 days short of 15 years. All 3 boys learned to drive in her. (yes, I always referred to it as a 'her' though she never had a name so-to-speak). Anyway, the time had come. (if you look you can kinda see the huge oil stain on the driveway by the front tire on the far side) She doesn't look too bad in the picture but after who-knows-how-many band trips, theater trips, a move the kid to Illinois trip etc., she was showing her age in more ways than just the oil leak (which would have cost more to repair than she was worth)

So what did we trade her for?


Ain't she pretty? While I did get it on Valentines Day, and hubby will tell you he bought me a car for Valentines Day, it's more like 'happy everything you can think of for the next several years' but that is fine and dandy with me! I cleaned out a space in the garage just (barely) big enough to pull her in and close the door - going to have to work on that some more - it's a tight squeeze.

The first place I took her was to the quilt shop - wanted break her in right!

7 comments:

Melody said...

Whoo hoo! Good for you. I have a rogue. Is that what yours is? I really like mine. Fun to drive and holds lots of stuff.

Karen said...

Very nice!!! I like your quilt too. You and Bertha have really become good friends. :)

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Congrats!!! Yep! She will get to know the route soon enough to be driving you to the quilt shop!! lol She looks like she will haul alot of stuff too!

Lorilee said...

Wow, nice ride! It sounds like your mom-mobile served you well! I have an '03 trailblazer. I still love it, and so far it hasn't let me down.
Blessings,
Lorilee

annemarie said...

How exciting - I have a 2003 that is going to have to be replaced in the next few years - can't wait - love the new car smell!! Enjoy!!

Terry said...

So happy for ya'll (mostly you!). Beautiful color!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

woohoo!!! Definitely a pretty car and she might as well get broke in right :)