Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Who turned on the heat?


edited to add - when the heck did they start putting random ad links in posts and how to I get rid of them? The only link I put in this post is the one to 3 Stitches.

I'm not sure exactly how warm it got today but I had my own little tropical not-so-paradise going on. I guess it was a day-long hot flash with a side of migraine that didn't start to back off until nearly 5:00 this evening. But enough about that. I've got to start getting on here more often - if for no other reason than once I find something and figure out how to do it, it gets changed and I have to figure it out all over again. I am so not tech-savvy

Anyway - after I made quilts for all the kids for Christmas I just didn't have the time to make another one for the hubby so I made him one for our anniversary. I took it with me to the 3 Stitches get-a-way and sewed the label on it. All the time I was working on it he never figured out it was for him.

As usual, I can't name the fabrics since some of them have been in my stash for a couple of years but the pattern is from the book Simplify by Camille Roskelley. As you can see, it is a large throw size - he is hiding behind it while holding it up for the photo, just right for him to use to take a snooze in his recliner (though he doesn't need it today!)

I will try to get some pictures of the get-a-way up soon. My camera died before I took the first photo so I am having to get them off my phone before I can post them. Also, I usually try to take a picture of all my goodies when I get home but some of it has been put away already - I'll try to round up what I can and get some pictures with the camera. (battery has been charged!) There is always a theme to the get-a-way that no one knows except Pam - this year was Simple Pleasures and Pam did an awesome job. Loads of fun and lots of goodies!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the quilt you created for your husband, Tina!

Sorry about your heat wave; guess you can haul out the flip flops now.

Robin in Virginia