Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Christmas 2017

A few last photos from 2017

Brittany & Brian, Timothy, Ashley & Jason

 Scheduling this year was tricky. We managed to have all the 'kids' together for about 7 hours on Christmas Eve. We had a lot to cram into those precious few hours. After eating and gift giving we headed out to take a few pictures of the kiddos while we still had a little daylight. There is a big, decorated tree in this shopping center but the lights were not turned on and it was quite muddy so we opted for the benches. It was cold and super windy so we snapped and ran quickly.

 My guys. I'm very blessed to have these men in my life.

After photos we came home to visit awhile longer before Brian and Brittany headed back to Houston.

 I made these two ornaments for friends and they were finally delivered this past weekend. My hands are finally healed enough to stitch again but finding time isn't easy. I'm still putting Christmas decor away. I finally got all the ornaments off the tree last night but they are all over the table. All the hangers get removed and any ornaments that have a box go back in their boxes. Everything else gets wrapped in tissue before being put away. (I admit to a little OCD when it comes to my ornaments) There were two fatalities from the other trees - glass ornaments don't fare well when dropped on concrete floors and one injury from the big tree. I have a leg to try to repair - we will see how well that works. 
Each of the boys have a box of ornaments that have been collected since their first Christmas. Brian finally took some of his with him this year to put on his own tree.

Baby boy's bride brought me an ornament to add to my collection this year. (I didn't get any new ornaments made for myself this year) I haven't decided if I will pack it away or find a place to hang it in my sewing room to enjoy during the year.

Hope your 2018 is going well so far. Things have been extremely busy here and getting this Christmas stuff put away is going slower than I would like but it will get done. Haven't decided if I will put the Valentine decor out as I put this away or wait a few weeks. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I like your taxi ornament. Since it doesn't scream Christmas, I think I would leave it out to enjoy. I love the pictures of your kids and really love the one with all your men. Super ornaments you created for your friends, Tina!