Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow!

We don't get much of the white stuff around here. The snow is pretty but the ice underneath is dangerous which means things pretty much shut down. Never got above freezing yesterday and had an overnight low of 10 so everything is still pretty much shut down. We should start to thaw out tomorrow afternoon. (the sun is out right now!)

I stepped out on the porches and took a few pictures yesterday.

 View from back porch

 View from side porch

 View from front porch.

I watched several cars go up that hill. There is a stop sign there and the ones that actually came to a full stop had to back down the hill and start over. Thankfully the cross road gets little traffic.

I stayed inside all day except for getting out long enough to take Nicholas out - he refused to get out in the yard where the snow was so I had to walk him on the sidewalks (nearly busted my backside more than once). It took three different trips before he finally took care of business.

Hubby, on the other hand, had to go to work and took this picture while he was warming up the car enough to get the ice off the windshield.

I've got the Christmas decor put away and I'm trying to at least dust while getting the 'regular fluff' back out.

I hope all of you are staying nice and warm!

2 comments:

Jan said...

No snow here half an hour northwest of Ft. Worth, but it was 6 degrees this morning. Your snow looks so pretty! Stay warm!

Robin in Virginia said...

How did I miss this post? I love your snow pictures, Tina.