I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day - those of you who are mothers and those who are lucky enough to still have your mothers with you.
We spent the day at home but I did get to talk to all my kiddos. I went and took new flowers out to mom on Friday.
I think I have one or two WIPs that are older than this one but I'm not sure if they will ever get finished (I need to dig them out and see how much I have done on them) Anyway - here is my 15 year project.
French Alphabet Sampler
Custom chart by Blessings Counted
I started this project on 11/11/2005
I worked on it in spurts here and there. This is where I was when I pulled it back out on 3/17/2020.
I worked on it exclusively until I finished it on 5/7/2020
I stitched it on 36 count Antique Cotton linen by R&R Reproductions
I used one strand of Gloriana silk floss over 2 threads. (on my computer, this photo is the closest to the actual color of the fabric)
I purchased 8 skeins and the photo above shows how much I had leftover. I might have done a little frogging and it might have some creative stitching here and there but it is finished!
Not the best picture, but here is the finished project! It is 23" square. Not sure when I will get the chance to get to the frame shop to pick out a frame and I have to figure out where I am going to hang it.
Happy to mark this one off the list!
Have an awesome week!