Thursday, October 14, 2010

Problem solving

So, we have this little thing called 'deed restrictions' in our subdivision. (yes, I know most people do these days but I'm still a newbie at dealing with it) For the most part, I think it is a good thing, but sometimes there are just things I don't agree with. Like, say, clothes lines. We aren't allowed to have them. I don't want to be hanging my undies out in the front yard or anything but sometimes there are things you just don't want to (or can't) put in the dryer - so I picked up this baby while we were in PA.


Yes, I know you can buy them almost anywhere, but this one is a little bigger (and I bought the medium size - good thing, I don't know if we could have got the large one in the car to come home!) and a little more sturdy than the ones you buy at wally world or wherever. Should last for a nice long time and it folds up and fits right beside my washing machine when not in use. Not the same as having a clothes line, but better than nothing.

Now if I could just figure out a way to have a white picket fence in the front yard. :)

2 comments:

All Things Beautiful said...

I'm glad we don't have deed restrictions here in M'sia :-) Can't do without my clothes lines... Anyway, it is not a norm to have a dryer as we are blessed with plenty of sunshine most days. If only they will allow you all to have the clothes lines, we can save so much electricity.

As for that white picket fence, you are not saying that you need to write in for permission, are you? :-)

annemarie said...

I am sitting her laughing. I miss a clothes line dearly. In Minnesota, everyone had a clothes line - nothing beats sheets taken of the line and put right on the bed!! I have the same rack you do and call it my Minnesota clothesline - my husband always laughs at me. Deed restrictions can be a pain - just last week I got a letter because I put the garbage out too early - picky, picky but yes, they can be a good thing also.