Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nameless

What's in a name?

When baby boy was in high school he was in a 'garage band' - they were going to perform in a talent show and when the time came to print the program they still didn't have a name so they became 'Nameless' and it stuck.

Do you name 'objects'? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.


Bertha


and her friend Olivia (though to be fair, she had a name before I adopted her)
Hubby calls them 'the girls'


Lola - sadly, Lola is no longer with me. (well, technically, she is but she no longer works)

I had been thinking about getting an e-reader - hubby has a Kindle and loves it, so I figured if I got one we could share books. But then Lola bit the dust. After thinking about it for a bit I decided to go with this


Of course I had to have the pink cover


I've already downloaded the Kindle app and I'm reading 'The Help'. I got a non-glare screen protector and I'm not sure that was the right decision though if I had gone with the regular I'm sure there would have been times when I wished I had gone with the n/g.

Now back to the name - she doesn't have one. :( I think she needs one but it just hasn't come to me yet. My van doesn't have a name either - it hasn't come to me and I've had it 15 years. So, does your computer have a name? Your car? Your phone?

How is your week going? Today is better for me than yesterday - so far no migraine today so that alone makes it a better day. So far.

4 comments:

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I saw you visited my new little blog..Hey and we are near neighbors.
I will be back to visit you often.
Thanks,
Stephanie

Mouse said...

hheheh yup I name things :) and mmm got thinking cap on here ... Gemma as she is your new gem ;) ps my cars name Kizzy the one before Daisy :) love mouse xxxx

Melody said...

Love the idea of naming your favorite objects. Alas, I haven't been creative enough to think about that around here. So no names as yet...but who knows, I may have to come up with some.

Hope cooler weather will come your way soon.

Cheryl said...

Hmmmm Can I name that green desk "Mine" LOL... adorable!!!