Thursday, October 15, 2009

Company is a comin'

I'm still unpacking - but the girlfriends are coming this afternoon so I made sure they had beds with (clean!) sheets for sleeping.



As you can see, the walls are still builder beige - and they will probably be that way until at least spring. I still haven't opened the first box of pictures/wall art so there isn't a thing hanging on the walls. (I've also carefully cropped photos to not show unpacked boxes stacked around!) I'll get there - slowly but surely)
I still have a lot to do before they get here this afternoon, but then I am taking a break to visit this evening and go to the quilt festival tomorrow. I'll get back to work after they leave on Saturday.
Thanks for the unpacking tips. I know I owe some emails - I won't forget, just can't say how long it will take to get there.
I did take the time to stop by Rue's to see her finished kitchen. If you haven't been by, be sure to take a look! Sure makes me want to break out the paint - but I must wait.
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

staci said...

Those beds look so inviting! Have a good time!

LoneStar said...

Your bedrooms look very peaceful and welcoming - love the quilts!

I'll be at the Houston Quilt show on Saturday with a couple of friends who quilt (I don't, but I love to look at them).

If you see a short gal with short blonde hair and eyeglasses, wearing a purple polo shirt and shorts, that't me!

Lisa (Texan)

Anonymous said...

and remember..me too! Jeans, blue shirt, tennis shoes and red backpack! Terry in Arlington(only on Friday...3 stitches on Saturday)

Nola said...

It's starting to look homey! You can paint after Christmas when there's a lull in activity and before it's warm enough to work in the yard!
I love it that you admitted cropping out the packing boxes. Isn't that the point of having photo software? I take out the undesireable whenever possible!

Rue said...

Yay! You sold your house!! Congratulations on the new one too!! I'm so happy that all that stress is over for you :)

I'm sorry to hear your mom wasn't well, but I'm glad she's okay now.

Happy 50th to your hubby. He sure is a handsome guy ;)

Congratulations again sweet friend and have fun with your company!

(((hugs)))
rue