Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A fun break!

Had a great little break from unpacking while the girlfriends were here. We went to the quilt show on Friday. There seemed to be a lot of pink shirts this year but we still managed to keep up with each other - and when we got seperated someone always pointed to which way the others went!
We all managed to get in a bit of stashing - here is part of my haul.

There are a few things that didn't make the picture. (I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get the rest of it!) Don't you love the flowerpot pincushion? The box is a kit to make a cupcake pincushion. I also got the fabric kits for the two bag patterns but that didn't make the picture either. The finished models were so much cuter than the pictures on the patterns.
Well - I suppose I better get back to unpacking!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Nola said...

The flowerpot pincushion is adorable, and I don't even sew! Looks like you girls had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I saw those cupcake pincushions and nearly picked one up also. I bought a cute "tuffet" or pincushion pattern and the fabric to go with them. Already stitched one up. That quilt show is ginormous, isn't it? I've been reading your blog for quite awhile now, and welcome to Houston!
ShelleyTx

Jan said...

Looks like some wonderful stash acquisitions!! Hope you had a fun time...now back to unpacking that new home, right?