Thursday, December 17, 2009

On occasion

I actually do stitch!
Tuesday night I carried this basket downstairs with me

and yesterday I finally finished off three ornaments that I had stitched earlier in the year.

I very much dislike sewing on cording. More than that, I dislike sewing anything with invisible thread. I'm not exactly happy with the results and if I had been giving them to anyone else I would have taken them apart and started over.


But, they are just for me and I just know not to look to closely!

Well, actually I can look as closely as I want as long as I don't have my glasses on!
Thought I would show you a pic or two of my 'large wood and glass structure' that is now in the master bedroom.

The other day I found some lights with a white cord and since they were on sale, I figured why not - so I lit up my little 'structure'.

I kinda like it all lit up so I may even leave them up after Christmas. Makes a great night-light in the evenings before bed. Would have been really cute on the porch all lit up, but I'm enjoying it inside!




4 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wonderful ornaments! I love them all!

Stephanie said...

Great job on the ornaments! They're all so beautiful. Love what you've done with your little structure.

Anonymous said...

I love that first one! Enjoy looking at them on your tree, they're great finishes!!

Margo said...

Love the lights on your conservatory. It looks great inside.
have a Merry Christmas.
Margo