Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Acorn Scissor Case finished

Yes, they are few and far between, but I do have a small finish to show!

I picked up this Lizzie Kate kit some time ago - it is possible that it has been in my stash since before blogging. Anyway - I pulled the threads and took it with me last time we went to J'ville. I got a little stitched while we were there but I've been finishing it up in the evenings.

That banding is kind of hard to work with when it is already attached - or maybe I just have fat hands and it is just hard for me. I did have an uh-oh. I was almost completely finished with 'autumn' when I discovered I was stitching with the wrong color. I had two choices - pick out all the over one stitching or live with it - I'm living with it!

The little acorn fob came with the kit and I picked up a pair of orange scissors - they are a perfect match.
Cloudy and lots of thunder-booming going on here but no rain to speak of, at least not right here on our street.

7 comments:

Jan said...

That is adorable, Tina! And it isn't just you, I started this one as well, and put it aside without finishing, just because of it's awkwardness. I will get it back out though and finish it soon. It is just way cute!

April Mechelle said...

Scissor case is so cute. I have stitch on some pre-finished items and I most have fat hands too. LOL
Great matching of the scissors!

Lee said...

So great! I'm glad you stuck with the "autumn" color. It seems to be just right.

Patty C. said...

It's wonderful
Great finish

Anonymous said...

It is so cute..puts me in the mood for fall! I also have stitched on items where you have to reach inside..very hard to do. The autumn color looks perfect. Terry

Lelia said...

thx for visiting my blog. I think your over-one is fantastic. What a wonderful set - job well done!

annemarie said...

This is so pretty - your "oops" looks great to me.