Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fiesta!

A couple of weeks ago the hubby and I went to Galveston just to see how things were looking compared to last year when we went. Things are looking much better! Seemed to be a lot of people around. A lot has been cleaned up and new trees planted. Still a lot to do, but much improved.
While we were there we went to the little shop that sells Fiesta. (it is on the strand - I have misplaced the card with the name of the store - I'll come back and post it when I find the card)
Anyway - I picked up this little creamer

It is supposed to be 'rose' but it looks like it might have been 'double dipped' - it is much darker than the other pink dishes I have. (it was on the 'oops' shelf) I love the color though - I would have bought more if they had anything else the same color!

I also picked up this little heart shaped dish. It only came in a limited number of colors (eight, I think) so I picked the ivory. When you see this color alone it looks really close to my yellow ones, but it isn't. The yellow they have now is much brighter than the one I have. (I really should look up the color name, but light yellow works for me)

I'm trying to get my give-a-way things together so I can find a box. I'm debating if I should show a few more things that are going in the box before I actually draw a name. Whatcha think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have Fiesta, in the cobalt blue color only. Your pieces are pretty!Terry

annemarie said...

Love your dishes - someday I am going to get some Fiesta dishes. The heart dish is precious.