Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am way behind

on all things bloggy - well, on all things in general!

We went to J'ville for a several days and I tend to get behind on everything when we are gone that long.

I made a cake to take with us - daddy's birthday is coming up and since I knew we wouldn't be there then I took the cake early. He was eating the last piece as we walked out of the house to come home!


I also took a set of pillowcases I made for his bed - I didn't get a picture of them there, this one was taken here before we left. They matched pretty good considering I bought the fabric with nothing to compare it to except my memory (which is totally unreliable!)



We got to see baby boy and his bride on Saturday. They are doing well - I'm still processing the fact that in less than a month they will be living in New York City. We also got to see #1 son on Sunday. #2 didn't make it to town this trip but I'm trying to get them all together before J&A leave for NY. It has been a long time since they were all in the same place at the same time and who knows how long it will be before it happens again.

I'll be making an effort to catch up with blogland and with the house the rest of the week - heck, it may run into next week!

I am still planning a give-a-way for the end of the month. I've added a few things to go along with the banner - do you want to see what is in the pile or would you rather it be a surprise?

1 comment:

Deb said...

That cake really looks yummy! And I think that your pillow cases came out great. Great colors. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. I know that it probably hard to believe that they take off and live somewhere else.

You should probably make the giveaway a surprise - or maybe not. It will be fun either way.