Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last post for 2010

Thought I would share the last of the holiday photos before then end of the year.


Hubby came in with flowers a few days before Christmas.


Last year I put lights in my 'garden house' that is in my bedroom (because the HOA won't let me keep it on my front porch!) - I liked them so I left them in all year.


A couple of weeks ago we finally had our first freeze which took care of most of the blooming flowers in the front flower bed and after we pulled them it just looked empty so we added this tree.


Christmas Eve we drove to Galveston to see the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens. The weather was great - breezy but warm enough that you could have done w/o a jacket if not for the breeze.


Do they look interested?






The only thing I don't like about my camera is the battery indicator - once it shows half charge and starts blinking it is pretty much done for - that happened after just a few pics at MG. Of course I didn't take an extra battery with me. :( It started to sprinkle just as we started back to the car. By the time we got on the road it was really raining and rained all the way home.


Around here our entertainment seems to be the dogs.




We always open gifts on Christmas morning but we usually have to get through and get ready to leave. This year we stayed home and we were all still in our jammies at noon! We had lunch around 2:00 and spent the rest of the day just hanging out.

The hubby spoiled me this year (he always does, but don't tell him I said that) Our CD player quit long before we moved and I haven't had anything to listen to music on so he got me an IPod! I always thought I didn't really want one because I hate earphones but I used some gift cards I had and got speakers for it.

Good thing Timothy was here to help me out with it - silly me thought they were only for playing music! He helped me load some CDs on it and showed me how to shop the ITunes store. He also showed me that you can play games on it - now I'm hooked on 'Angry Birds'. I also got a pair of earrings and pink drill to go with the pink tools I got last year!

Well, that about does it for this year. Hubby has a long weekend - will see what rolls around. May take down outside lights if the weather is decent. Other than that, we plan on just spending some time at home.

Next time I post it will be 2011!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Lovely christmas photos:-)

Enjoy playing with your new ipod, i'm still with CD's as like you i can't wear those ear phones, fast running out of storage places for CD's though!

Wishing you a healthy and happy new year x

Carolyn said...

Enjoy your new "toy"! I wouldn't have a clue. I'm very electronically challenged, but you already knew that. ;)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with hubby. We plan to do the very same thing you are.

Happy New Year!

Carolyn said...

I forgot to say those are the cutest doggies ever! LOL

Anonymous said...

Did I sleep thru 2010? Maybe it was just a dream. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Christmas decorations!! Happy New Year, Tina!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love the way you skip from 2009 to 2011! *teasing* That other anonymous above was NOT me! The dogs are just too precious! The boys are either mesmerized by the light exhibit..or......well..hmm.
Terry

Lorilee said...

Love your garden house with the lights. I'm wondering if I would like some sort of reader like a Kindle. We are running out of room for our books, but we aren't ready to get rid of most of them either.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Carolyn said...

It's me again! LOL I'm loving your garden house! I NEED one of those. Lead me in the right direction to find one. It's wonderful. Also, your lights and all of your decorations are just so pretty. I want to be you when I grow up. LOL Have a great Sunday. ;)