Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A New York Christmas

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! We had a nice, quiet weekend here at home with two of the boys. We have always had Christmas Day with my parents/sister/brother (when he was in town) and this is actually the first Christmas I didn't see my family. I missed them, but it was really nice to have some time with the boys. Of course baby boy and his bride couldn't be here but they sent this picture

Is that not a perfect 'first Christmas in New York' picture? I love it! We did try to Skype with them a couple of times Christmas Day but we have been having internet issues and we never managed to get more than a few minutes at a time.

I still have some Christmas pictures to show, but I'll leave it at this one for today.

I need to apologize to some people. I could go into a lengthy explanation but we will just leave it at I'm a computer idiot. Here is a short version - some time ago I set up a new email address for this blog so I could (eventually) get away from aol, but I didn't change where comments were going since I was waiting on Timothy to help me import address all into one spot. Anyway - my comments were (are, for now) still coming to my aol address but in the process of combining stuff over the weekend I found some emails and comments that somehow ended up in the other folder. Some of them were quite old. :( If you sent me an email or left a comment that I didn't respond to I am so sorry! I try to respond if I have an email to respond to. Sometime in the near future I hope to have a little time to clean up the blog a bit and I will change comments over to the other email but for now, it is at least set up to check that email address so hopefully I won't loose anything else! Again - sorry, I really don't mean to ignore anyone!

I have a lot of catching up to do so I'll post more on our holiday later.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Now that is what I call a Christmas tree!! Love the pic,... how romantic!

Carolyn said...

What a GORGEOUS Christmas picture, and so romantic! Thank you for sharing it with us. So good talking to you...can't wait until we do it again!
HUGS

Lorilee said...

Wow, that is an awesome first Christmas photo! On the subject of cookie decorating. I never had much luck until I started studying up the recipes and techniques by bloggers like Bake at 350 and her blog buddies (on her sidebar).
Blessings in 2011,
Lorilee

Anonymous said...

I love the picture~!- Like the ones you see in movies! Terry