Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finished!


Silent Sampler
Rosewood Manor

I finally got around to pressing Silent Sampler and getting a pic. I started this one two years ago - can't believe it took me so long to finish it. I kept putting it aside to work on other things. I really like the way it came out. Hopefully I can get to the frame shop next week and pick out a frame. (I don't miss working, but I do miss instant access to framing!)

Believe it or not, we actually have sunshine - the weather report didn't show any until Saturday. It looks pretty, but when you open the door you are quickly reminded we still have below freezing temps. (the only reason for opening the door is to let the dogs out - not going out myself unless I have a reason, and I can't think of one!) My hands and feet are like ice blocks inside the house! I have on socks and slippers but my feet are still cold! Thought I might stitch a bit (more about what I decided to stitch on later) but it is hard to stitch when your hands are cold and I sure can't stitch with gloves on! Maybe I will go iron some of hubby's work shirts - that might warm my hands up a bit.

9 comments:

Ranae said...

Beautiful sampler finish!
I can't think of a reason to go outdoors either ;)

Deborah said...

Beautiful finish! Love Rosewood Manor designs.

Unknown said...

I really do love that sampler! I hope it warms up soon.

Rebekka said...

Hi Tina. Your Silent Sampler looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it framed up.

Why don't you try a heating pad, or hot water bottle under a quilt while you stitch. It helps me stitch on cold days like these.

Stay warm, and happy stitching.
Rebekka

All things beautiful said...

The heart is willing but the fingers are not? :-) Wishing for warmer days for you. By the way, love your Silent Sampler.

Lainey said...

Congratulations on your finish it;s beautiful!

Lorilee said...

Beautiful. I understand the cold hands problem. We are having unusually cold temps here in South Texas too!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Carolyn said...

Tina, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Why do you always have to enable me? Now I have to have this one, too. Seriously, it is just gorgeous!

Love this weather we are having? HA! I haven't left the house today, either and don't intend to this weekend if I don't have to. Stay warm and enjoy whatever you decide to start stitching on! HUGS

Rhona said...

Love your sampler, the colours are gorgeous!