Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

We have sunshine again and the forecast for the next few days is perfect - 50s - 70s!

I don't have a lot of Valentine decor going on around here but I thought I would share what I have.

In the breakfast room - you have no idea how hard it is to keep my hands out of those jars.


In the kitchen. I picked up the 'Kisses' tin when we went to Hershey, PA in the fall.


Several years ago I made about a half-dozen hearts - this year I kinda spread them around instead of putting them all in one bowl together.




Made these rag balls the same year as the hearts - I think.

For those of you who tried to find the mistake in the pillowcase - thank you! Sticks out like a sore thumb to me, but I'm glad it isn't so obvious to others. However, since you looked so hard, I'll tell you. I stitched the first heart (on the left) like the directions said - with 3 stands of floss. When I picked it back up I didn't pay any attention to what I had done before and the other three hearts are stitched with only two strands of floss. Eventually I'll stitch the mate - and I'll stitch it with only two stands of floss.

Hope you have sunshine where you are!

4 comments:

annemarie said...

I would never have guessed that!! Happy Valentines Day - enjoy our sunny weather - isn't this grand. I am loving the warmth of the sun.

Anonymous said...

was 73 here today! Happy V-Day! Your house looks cute, and never would a soul know about the strands of floss!Terry

Unknown said...

You do have alot of cute decorations. And, I went back to the pillowcase picture, blew it up, and STILL couldn't notice a difference. If I were you, I would not worry about it at all!

Lainey said...

So many pretty things in your lovely home Tina.
Your pillowcase looks beautiful!