Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's a girl to do?

Last night I finished the angel piece and still had a little time to stitch. The sensible thing to do would be to pick up the LOVE pillow and work on that but it was in the other room (right where I left it when I took the photo a couple of days ago). Did I get up and go get it? Nope, I picked up this little sampler that was on the footstool by my stitching chair. There it was, all kitted up and just waiting to be stitched. (crappy picture, but it is late so it will have to do)
As you can see, by the time I figured out where I wanted to start and actually put stitches in, I didn't get far. Of course if I wasn't going to work on the LOVE pillow, I could have worked on this WIP (UFO?) that was in the bag right under the sampler. No, I had to start something new! What is a girl to do? It was calling my name - I had to answer!


If I can make it until bedtime, I will have two days in a row with no (headache) meds. While I would much rather say I had two days with no headache, I've pretty much learned to take what I can get (meaning it just wasn't bad enough to take anything which is what I consider a 'good' day these days. After nearly 2 years, I'm not sure if I'll ever see no headache at all again)

Well - enough of that - off to stitch some more on the 'Necessities Sampler'.!

5 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

I love the sampler and I know you, of all people, will do it justice. My heart really hurts for you about your headaches. I have had a bad back and I know that chronic pain is so hard - but headache? That has got to me the worse! Hope it just goes away.

Anonymous said...

Both pieces are really cute, hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, of course you had to start something new! That's how it works, isn't it? Great chart, might have to dig it out of my stash now!

BeckySC said...

My Mom and DD suffer from migraines, so I can relate!! I hope you feel much better very soon!

I LOVE both pieces you are working on :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Margo said...

So glad that your headaches have not been too bad the last couple of days. Your projects look great. So warm and homey.