Thursday, October 3, 2013

One thing leads to another. . .

You know how one project always leads to another? Well, quite awhile back I got my hands on this baby - she just needed a little loving and some paint!
 
 
 
 Anyway, I painted it all white except the back of the glass area and it is a pale blue
 (I should have looked for those photos too - bad blogger)

 I didn't really want the inside of it so I left it out and I have cookbooks there now
 but this little thing had to be good for something so I saved it, added some trim, a back and painted. (those cubbies are hard to paint!)

Once we finally decided to hang the tv on the wall we just sat cable boxes on the chest (it is calling for some paint too) The pictures kept getting in the way of the remote so I thought we would put a shelf under the tv for the boxes but in the mean time I thought this would do the trick. I think a shelf might make it a bit much I have decided to keep it like this at least for now. One of these days I'll rehang the stuff on the walls - the tv had to shift to the left to hit studs. I also want to get rid of that clock and get one that hangs on a wall somewhere but for now I live with the cord hanging out.  It must not bother me too much since I haven't bothered to get it done yet. LOL
 
I hope you are having a good week. We have had some nice rain this weekend and the first part of the week. The grass (and weeds) are loving it!
 
edited to add - if the link works, there is a photo of the painted cabinet in this post.http://www.stitchingintexas.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html

2 comments:

vintage grey said...

Hi Tina!
Oh, what a gorgeous piece and it looks so pretty white!! Happy autumn to you!! xo Heather

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Isn't that the way it always goes...one project leads to another?
I think that repurposing that little insert was a great idea. A great little piece to display some lovely things.
I looked at the photo in the extra link you posted for the repainted cabinet. I would love to see some close up photos of it. Great subject for another post. Hint, hint ;)