Monday, April 11, 2016

Featured!

 Who would have ever thought my little blog would be featured in a magazine - and a UK magazine at that!
I was shocked when they asked and it was hard for me to say yes for a couple of reasons - first, they wanted a photo of me, I don't do photos, and second, I don't like to draw attention to myself. 
You might find that strange for a person that has a blog, but I'm much better sitting in front of the computer not knowing how many people are reading my words than I am in person. I was encouraged by those around me to do it so I sucked it up and had my friend, Monica, take some pictures of me (she also took the one I posted on our anniversary) answered their questions and sent it off. I guess I didn't really think it was real until I picked up the magazine at B&N last week. 
There have been many times I have almost closed this blog - I don't get here to post nearly as often as I would like and I always wonder if my readers have moved on to other blogs with more content, but I've kept it going because of the friends I've made here and well, I can pretty much go back and see what has been happening in my life for the past (almost) nine years.
To those of you who read (even if you don't comment) Thank you so much. I hope it doesn't seem as boring to you as it sometimes seems to me. 
Again, thank you for visiting and a big thank you to Cross Stitch Collection for featuring my blog.


5 comments:

Terry said...

It is not boring! I love it. You have very good taste, and we share many likes..both being Texan. Your blog us real and colorful.

Robin in Virginia said...

I am glad you haven't shut down your blog. As Terry said, it isn't boring. Your posts are fun to read; it is like we are sharing over a cup(s) of coffee even though we live miles apart. Congratulations on your blog being featured in the UK magazine.

Suzanne H said...

How wonderful! This community of cross stitchers is amazing.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! Congrats on your publication! That is so exciting! I will pick up the magazine so I can read it. I know what you mean.... my blog has been a partial chronical of my life and my stitching. I was not blogging for about a year but I'm back for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I'll look forward to your next post!

Red Rose Alley said...

wow, that is wonderful news! Having your blog featured in a magazine is a big deal! And you being humble about is even more special. I'm so happy for you, my friend.

~Sheri