Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New (old) window


The two smaller windows moved here with us 7 years ago. A few years ago I decided to hang them over the stairs (they were side by side) but I always thought they looked kinda lonely - that I needed another window to go along with them. (Sorry the picture is kinda dark - its hard to get a good picture of them from the floor and I was too lazy to go find the step ladder)  I've been looking ever since the first two went up but everything I found that was the right size was either oriented the wrong way or cost more than I was willing to pay, until a couple of weeks ago. I came across the center one at an antique mall, it was a reasonable price and  bonus - it was on sale! Hubby hung it for me a couple of weekends ago. I am still debating on whether to paint the exposed wood on the two smaller ones. The center one was already painted when I bought it,

Anywho - I haven't been stitching this week. I started a clean out of the closet in my sewing room. It is undoubtedly the worst closet in the house. I have some stuff I need to get rid of but I can't decide if I want to have a garage sale or not. Should have done it the weekend of the neighborhood garage sale and the next one isn't until fall. Not sure how well one would do if it is the only one in the neighborhood. Every time I have one I say it is going to be the last, then I find stuff that is too good to just throw away. If it was just a few small things I would just take it to Goodwill, but I've got a pretty good pile going in here. Guess I will see how much stuff  I have after I finish this closet and the one in the guest room - lots of holiday stuff in there along with a whole rack of clothes I can't wear. 

Just thinking out loud here.

2 comments:

Terry said...

The new window is beautiful!

Robin in Virginia said...

I like the new window. Since we live off the beaten path, I end up donating to the thrift stores, Goodwill, or those clothing/shoes boxes located in parking lots.