Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Halloween Decorating

I finally got all my Halloween stuff out.
 I re-finished three pieces that I stitched years ago. (All from Lizzie Kate) I forgot to take before pictures - I know I have some but I guess they are on the other computer. 

All I did to this one was replace the ribbon. It had a purple satin ribbon/bow. I swapped it out and added the black and white button. Much better.
 
This one had a wide purple ribbon/bow and the bottom was about the same as the top. I never really liked it but it was finished so I left it - until this year. I took the ribbon off, took all the stuffing out and cut 2 1/2 inches off the bottom. Thanks to Vonna's 'fluff and stuff' method I re-stuffed and used all the stuffing I pulled out. Still not perfect but it is firmer and less bumpy. I changed out the ribbons and I like it much better now!

My last re-finish was originally finished on a foam block (again, never really liked it) I found this frame at Michael's - it has a Halloween picture under there - I covered a piece of sticky board with fabric and mounted the stitching on foam core with two layers of batting. A new bow and a felt ghost to finish it off. Thanks to Priscilla for teaching us to think out of the box.

I had to take this from off to one side to keep the lights from glaring on the glass of Too Cute for Pie (still one of my all time favorite stitches!)



My white cabinet - still one of my favorite places to decorate.

The gnome is new - isn't he cute? He's hanging out in the laundry room.

Last, but not least, a couple of cute pups.

Have you decorated for Halloween?

I have no idea if we will have trick-or-treaters or not this year. I'll have some treats but I will probably just leave a bowl outside and keep it filled until I run out.


3 comments:

Terry said...

Everything looks great! You new finishing is wonderful.

Robin in Virginia said...

Nope to the Halloween. I will bring out the 2 ornaments for my tree this weekend. But I am decorated in all things fall! Yours looks good, Tina!

Christine said...

Great job as always! Thank you for always taking the time to show us your seasonal settings. I love getting ideas from them.