Monday, October 5, 2020

A Heartfelt Thanks and Outside the Closet

 I'm a little slow these days, but I want to say thank you to Patricia over at Bird Nest On the Ground

Patricia likes to rescue things and she has been making 'Heart prints' from an old quilt and sharing them with her readers. I was lucky enough to receive one of her creations.
 I haven't decided exactly how I will display it yet - I might just put it on an easel like it is or I might frame it. However I decide to display it, it makes me smile every time I see it.
Take a look at her blog and see what lovelies she has there.

And here is a look around the rest of the sewing room. This room has not been painted since we moved in so I did not choose this color. These shelves have a combination of both cross stitch and quilting books and patterns.

It's a small room and packed full. The cabinet to the right of the sewing table has my 'fancy floss' in it. My stash has outgrown the boxes it is organized in so I'm in search of a new storage solution. 
The white cabinet on the far right has fabric in it.
 It's full and most of it is fat quarters. 

Most of this shelf unit is cross stitch. The plastic tote on top is paper crafting supplies and there is one basket of quilt patterns but the rest of it is cross stitch. The white cabinet with the glass door has some of my scissors displayed inside.

And there is the closet. That's it. I told you it was small. The shelves in the first picture are just to the right of the open door.
It looks nothing like this today - I'm working on a few projects. Some of them are gifts so I'll have to wait to show those but I'm also updating a few Halloween stitches that I wasn't really happy with the finish on. I'll show those in the next couple of days.

Our weather has been so nice. Cool mornings, nice afternoons. Unfortunately the skeeters are still here so if I spend too much time outside I become a skeeter snack.

That's it for now. 
Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your craft room space looks fabulous, Tina! Beautiful wood flooring! What a beautiful miniature quilt with heart you received! Will check out her blog later!

Terry said...

It’s a treasure trove of beautiful things. You have done a perfect job.