Friday, September 25, 2020

The Craft Closet

 A few weeks ago I decided it was time to clean out the craft closet.

First up - pull everything out

It's not that big of a closet! 
I needed to condense and combine. 
I also had three tubs in the guest closet that needed to go in here.

Here we go. The three totes in the middle are from the guest closet.
The bottom two have batting and stuffing in them.
The top one is part of my kitted projects. I think there are 29 project bags in there and some of them contain more than one project.

Doesn't everyone have a picture of Jon Bon Jovi in their closet? You couldn't see him before I started this project!
The totes in the back - the one on the bottom is scraps (quilting) everything else is empty. 
I bought one of the craft carts from Michael's but I haven't filled it yet.

                                                 
On the other side, there are built in shelves. 
They are poorly designed. The wall comes to a point on the end because the door to the room is on an angle. There isn't a lot of room between the shelves and the wall so getting things in and out isn't easy. I put stuff I know I wouldn't use often in the back and tried to keep the stuff I might need more often close to the door (I put the wire shelves on the inside of the doors when we first moved in - great way to get extra space!)
I wouldn't exactly call it organized but I do at least know where to start looking.
I have a pile of boxes full of stuff to donate out in the garage. Need to get them out of here before I start pulling stuff back out!

And here is the guest closet after I moved the craft stuff out.
I keep some of my seasonal stuff in there (I took these pics before I put my pumpkins out) I also keep my gift wrap stuff in there. Still a little to work on but it's better. 

You could not even see the floor in there when I started! 
I hope to do a little more organizing as I use my seasonal stuff this year. If I haven't used it in a couple of years, it's gotta go!

I'll show the rest of the sewing/craft room later.

Have a great weekend!





2 comments:

Terry said...

I wish I lived close enough to come and peep in! You did well!

Robin in Virginia said...

I think it looks fabulous, Tina! When you finish with yours, please come here and do mine. Enjoy your weekend!