Sunday, October 30, 2022

So This Is Fun

 The things we will do to keep stitching!
I've been fighting (progressive) carpal tunnel syndrome for probably 30 years and the time had come. It reached the point it didn't just affect stitching but pretty much all areas of life - so I had the left hand done this past Wednesday.
Also appears I'm allergic to the antibiotic they used during surgery.

Wednesday evening. Looks like I had been digging in a bag of cheetos!

Progress! Finally got to take off the surgical bandage! Swelling is way down and after a good shower some of the orange glow is gone. Still have to keep it covered and I have limited use but it will be a little better every day. (pic, minus he support brace)  In 4-6 weeks they will do the right one - that'll be extra fun since I'm right handed.
Kinda puts a squash on any handmade gifts this year but hopefully next year I'll be able to stitch longer at one sitting without my hands going numb!

We have Jason and Rachael visiting this week so I have plenty of help. :)

Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Praying for continued healing, Tina!