Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Summer Fun

We have been busy around here.
Last week we had our grandson Tyler with us.

 He and Pa went zip-lining

Can't believe how much this kid has grown since last summer!

He asked us to measure him the last day he was here and
he's a full 2 1/2 inches taller than me now!

It's been so hot here we had to find some indoor activities.

Bella came along with Tyler this year -
she's just living her best life in the middle of my flowerbed!

She took to trying to catch a mole that had a runner across the back fence line.
Hubby had every ladder we own propped up trying to keep her from digging -
she ended up with some new neck jewelry before the week was out.

Been spending time with this little guy too.
This is my great-nephew, River.
My brother's youngest grandson.
It's been a minute since we have had a baby in the midst
and we are soaking it all in.

He and papa (my dad, River's great-grandpa) are becoming great buds.
He was just starting to sit up a couple of weeks ago -
he has mastered that and is starting to pull himself up now.

He's growing so fast! He was almost crawling last week, he's so close!
He can get where he wants to go - just hasn't quite figured out how to get the legs
and arms going at the same time.
Haven't seen him this week - he may be out-running me by now!  

He and his pawpaw (my brother) are getting to spend lots of time together.
If this ain't trouble looking for a place to happen! LOL

It's so hot here right now it's hard to get motivated to do much.
My flowerbeds have more weeds than flowers at the moment but it's just too hot to spend much time out there.

I've managed a little stitching - 
not that you would know it by my posts here but I'll show some next time.

I fully finished a couple of pieces, 
re-matted/framed a couple of previous finishes
and I'm working on some Christmas ornaments.

I hope you are all keeping cool where you are.







1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the pictures of River with his great grandpa and grandpa, Tina. Tyler is a handsome one. I certainly wouldn't want to be Bella with that coat of hers.