Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend entertainment

The past two weekends have been entertaining! Last weekend we went to see the new James Bond movie, then we went to see my niece in a play. This is her senior year and for the past several years the teacher (who was also Jason's high school theatre teacher) has tried to let each senior in the advanced theatre class pick a play and the part they want. Kaitlyn is the only senior this year and she picked 'Over the River'. I was asked to stay afterwards and take pictures. It is really a shame the child is so bashful.


No, this was not a scene from the play - this was after we had done all the set shots and they were just goofing off.

When Jason was a senior, his play was 'True West'. That one was a lot of fun - messy, but fun. You can see pictures of that play here. (along with some other plays from high school) Here is a picture of Jason and Mrs. Grote from the end of the year party

and on graduation day.
Hard to believe that child is one semester shy of graduating from college.
Anyway - this weekend our entertainment was at SFA where we saw 'Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn'. Baby boy's bride was stage manager for this production and it was a great show. If you are in east Texas and have a chance to see a mainstage performance at SFA they put on some great shows.
I did finally manage to spend a little time with Big Bertha yesterday and I finished up two Christmas gifts. Of course, I can't show them until later. I'm still in a bit of panic mode as far as Christmas goes. I still have things to make plus shopping to do. (I did get one gift purchased this weekend and decided what to get for another - now to watch for that to go on sale - I hope it isn't on sale Friday because I don't do 'Black Friday' shopping!)
Okie dokie - that's it for now!
Have a great week!
















5 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I had to comment.... I loved the name of the blog...because I loved living in Texas. Now.... I was reading through your blog...and saw the Jacksonville newspaper.... I used to live there...way back in the 80's. It is still one of our favorite spots. I was joking with hubby that maybe he will teach at SFA when he finishes his doctorate.... in a couple more years. It is a small world. We lived on San Antonio and El Paso streets. Loved that old neighborhood.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You couldn't pay ME to get out the day after Thanksgiving! The crowds would drive me completely round the bend! (And not just part way.)
Brenda

Vickie said...

Hey, Tina - thanks for the well wishes! Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed and just took some maalox for the 2nd time tonight! Watching the Aggies shoot themselves in the foot again.

My daughter is trying to talk me into shopping tomorrow, but I'm really dragging my feet. I HATE going the day after... Vickie

Bo said...

Hi Tina...just stopping by to tell you, my computer is sooo sick...I've got to try to find somebody to fix it...so if I'm missing in action, you'll know why...I'm using my DH's acc't. to post this...Oh the misery! ;-) Bo

Kathy said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable weekend. You could not pay me to go out shopping on "Black Friday". Too many rude people. They are bad enough on normal days, but that day they are worse.

Good luck in getting things ready for Christmas