Sunday, November 17, 2019

It's Fall Y'all

Fall finally arrived in Texas! 

This was our tree a week ago. It was so pretty.

Then a cold front blew in - and I mean blew! Knocked the leaves right off this tree!

Now it needs to blow enough to blow the leaves out of the yard or someone is going to have to rake them up.

I feel like I'm behind since I haven't even started any Christmas decorating. I never do it before Thanksgiving but it seems like everyone is already decorating. We bought a new tree for this year so I know it's going to take a bit of shaping before I decorate it. It's smaller than the last one so I hope I can get everything on it! (same height, but slimmer) I don't know about where you are but around here the Christmas stuff is already getting picked over so by the time I get around to doing mine who knows what will be left.  Haven't even thought about gift shopping yet - other than to think about the fact that I don't have any ideas as to what to get and that the traffic is already horrible.

I have been doing a little stitching but I'm stitching on black so it's going slow and I don't have any pictures to show. I will be lucky if I get one new ornament stitched for this year. I have some gifts stitched but I can't show those yet.

Hope you are having a nice fall wherever you are!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Tina, your tree was gorgeous (loved its color) before the cold front blew in. I don't decorate for Christmas until about 2 weeks before. I hope the new tree works out for you. Have a super Sunday!