Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Rudolf's New Nose

and ears and bow!

I made this sometime in the mid - late eighties. FIL cut it out and I think he stained it then I finished him out. He sat beside the Christmas tree for may years then ended up in storage, over looked year after year. This year I decided to give him a make-over. (I had already pulled one ear off before I took the above photo) The ears are made of felt and it was literally powder but I managed to trace it for a pattern. 

I gave him a new nose and a fresh bow. The eyes and eyelashes were still stuck on pretty good (surprising since it was stored in a hot attic for so many years) so I didn't replace those and I re-used the red bell. He's hanging out on the back fireplace this year.

I finished this little Lizzie Kate a few weeks ago. I found this door at Walmart and thought it would be perfect. The stitched piece was a little small so I added the top border and the background fabric. I also added the bow and 'lights' to the wreath.
Pattern name is Ho Ho Ho in a row (from 2011). I used the DMC threads with the exception of the white - I used WDW Whitewash.
Shout out to Priscilla for encouraging us to think outside of the box (frame!) for finishing these cute little pieces.

Tree tour coming soon. If you really want to see some decked out trees, check out that link above. Amazing!

 

2 comments:

Terry said...

Rudolph is adorable! Hohoho is gorgeous!

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Tina, I love your Rudolph. He makes me smile and reminds me that I have a couple reindeer that haven't seen the light of day for a few years. LOVE your HoHoHo finish! Well done.