Sunday, February 14, 2021

Brrr - It's cold outside!

 

Happy Valentines Day!

My Valentine flag is frozen mid-wave! 

I assumed when I made my last post that would be all the snow for this year - we rarely get snow, but here we are again. This time it is coming with ice, which is what usually happens here. We have only had ice once in the nearly 5 years we have been in this house. For the most part, we (Texans) are not prepared for weather like this. We don't have the proper attire to be out in it and we don't know how to drive in it. (even though some people think they do) It's starting to get dark now and we are supposed to have more ice/snow along with bitter cold temps overnight. Like single digit with wind chill below zero temps. Brrrr. 

Why don't we take a look around inside, where it's warm? 
This is the first 'tray' I bought to decorate. I've had it a couple of years and it's pretty much the same as past years.

The galvanized tray was fun to decorate so last year I bought this tiny tiered tray at Target.

Again, basically the same as last year.

I added a new tiered tray this year. Not a lot in it yet but there is always next year. 


The white cabinet in the living room. The pillow on the left is an old Lizzie Kate pattern (I think it said 1999) I stitched it this year and made the pillow. The pillow on the right was a gift from a friend.

I replaced the bow on the flat fold this year. I don't remember what year I stitched/finished that one but it was a Secret Needle Night kit from The Silver Needle. (I know it was before 2009) The orginal bow was out of the same cording that is around the edge but it had raveled and looked awful. The piece on top is a Heart in Hand freebie - I think from last year. (again stitched this year) I have it in a little 'crate' thing I found at HL. It may stay there, may not.

That seems to be all the photos I took. Hmmm. Mostly it's the same as last year with a few new things here and there.


2 comments:

Terry said...

You have a wonderful touch in decor! Love your stitching too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely displays, Tina! I love all your Valentine stitches. Stay warm!