Wednesday, February 24, 2021

One Week

 Whew, what a difference a week can make! This time last week we were buried in snow and ice - this week we are looking at temps in the 70s! 

Before we entered the deep freeze, we made a trip to Houston to see the oldest and his bride. We didn't get to see them at Christmas so we took their gifts and now I can show you two projects I finished last year.

Brittany loves Halloween so her Christmas gifts included Halloween projects. This is Halloween Time by Needlework Press. I changed the fabric to 32ct Lavender Lugana (one over one) and I changed a couple of the colors. I mounted it in the Tim Holtz clock suggested after I spray painted it black. I love how it turned out and I am thinking about stitching it again for myself! LOL

I also made her a quilt. I used a pattern from Cotton Way, Emily's Garden in Blossom, with a jelly roll and charm pack from Riley Blake.

I swapped the appliqued flower out for a witches hat with her name embroidered on it.
I've made this quilt several times with different fabrics and will probably use it again. I just did (not so straight) straight line quilting.

We were pretty lucky last week in that we didn't have any pipes burst. Plumbers are busy, busy this week. The grocery stores are still bare from people stocking up last week and the lack of deliveries. We didn't have mail delivered all last week. Apparently snow and ice does keep the mail people from their appointed rounds.

I guess that's it for me today.

Happy Wednesday!


2 comments:

Terri said...

I"m glad the weather has straightened out for you! Love the clock!! I'll have to watch for a pattern and the clock at my LNS. The quilt is pretty, too!

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you were able to get to Houston to see the kids. Both of the projects (the Halloween time piece and quilt) are fabulous, Tina. Happy that you didn't have to deal with water pipe issues.