Monday, July 11, 2022

Lemons and Liberty Sam

 Well, it's been a minute. I just looked at my last post and it was over a month ago. 
I don't know how the time goes by so quickly.

After finding my little black lemon last month, three new ones showed up - and these are growing! They get a little bigger every day. I'm hopeful!

I have been stitching. I don't to seem to finish things as quickly as I used to but I'm plugging away on Liberty Sam (by Lizzie Kate) I'm stitching in hand, so excuse the wrinkles. I'm going to try to finish him before I start something else. No idea what that something else will be but I'm sure I can find something. LOL

It has been so hot here. We are having August temps (even hot for August!) I think we hit 107 on Saturday. They are saying 100+ for the next few days then a cool front will be coming through and cool us of to 99. It's time to find inside projects. My flowerbeds need to be weeded but they will just have to wait!

That's about it from here. 

I hope you are staying cool where you are. I'm good as long as the a/c keeps working!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your lemons looks so adorable, Tina. I hope they continue to grow for you. Uncle Sam is looking good. Stay cool and keep hydrated!

Terry said...

Those lemons should be the best ever! I loooove Sam!

pbrenner said...

I'm also in Texas (hill country, between Wimberley and Blanco) and the heat is awful here too. Last summer was such a nice one - I think we barely hit 95 a few times, and had regular rain. Sigh, I forget what a rainy day is like. It's too hot to be outside, so I pulled out a cross stitch I started 4 years ago (Paula Vaughn, The Porch Swing). I put it away a couple of years ago because I had a 3x3 in section off by 4 threads, and it couldn't be 'fudged'. So now I've added a thread grid and I'm almost through picking out the mistake. I dreaded doing that, but it hasn't been so bad, lol and I'm excited to start stitching on it again :-) I love those baby lemons - I hope they get big and ripe for you! Stay cool!