Saturday, April 22, 2023

When Life Gives You Lemons

I have had this lemon tree for several years.
Last year it had one tiny lemon that turned black before it got any bigger than the end of your finger.

This year it produced three lemons. 
They stayed green for ever - I was starting to wonder if they were limes!


They finally started to turn yellow and we collected our harvest.
Hubby sliced one up to use in his tea.
Yesterday I decided to try a new recipe and use the other two lemons.

Well, I don't bake as much as I used to and I never was great but I could at least usually at least get a passing grade. These are the ones I could actually get out of the pan without them falling apart.

And the 'scraps'. You were supposed to dip the tops in the frosting while they were still warm but that didn't work too well for me. I just spooned it over the top, them spooned some over my scraps.
They taste pretty good but they look nothing like the 'Lemon Blossoms' in the picture on Facebook!


When I cut into the last lemon there were seeds that were already starting to sprout!
I'm going to plant them and see if I can get another tree to grow! 
Have a great weekend!

 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Even though they didn't match the picture, they still looked yummy. I hope the seeds provide you with another tree.

Terry said...

Such pretty lemons! I bet the dessert was good!