Tuesday, April 4, 2023

It's been a minute!

 If January drug on forever, February and March went by at warp speed!

We have some house projects going on (I'll show those in a different post) which has cut into my stitching time but I did make a little pillow for hubby for our 44th anniversary.



The chart is a freebie by Cathy Habermann, Hands on Design.
I made the little pillow using scraps from a quilt I made for hubby several years ago then appliqued a heart made from some wool felt I had in my stash.

With everything going on I still managed to go on a little get-a-way. It helps that it is planned (and paid for!) well in advance! Like I already have the dates for next year ahead of time. :)

I think we had about 36 ladies this year. There are only 40 spaces total, but I think there were some last minute cancellations. While I think it would be really fun to attend one of the big stitching events, and I'm not saying I won't ever try one of those,  this one is close to home so we can drive. (only 90 minutes for me) There were several new faces this year as some of the regulars have had to drop out for health reasons. While I'm not the youngest by far, I'm not the oldest either!

Every year the theme is different and this years theme was Samplers, Past and Present.

These are pictures of the finished models  - not pictures of my work.


There are always several different projects and this little pin pillow was the one we got on Friday night. Several people completely finished the stitching on this one before the weekend was over. I'm not one of those people. Some ladies stayed up really late stitching and finished Friday night - I only made it to midnight and I stitch really slow so...
I will show a picture of my project at the end of this post.


Saturday morning we got the pattern for this stitcher's roll.
All the elements are Texas related.


What the inside will look like.


Project number three was this cute stitcher's pouch. 

The last project was a little sampler that goes on top of an Altoids tin - I failed to get a photo of that one. 

We get everything to complete the projects except for the stuffing for the pin pillow. I think the model has walnut shells but I will probably use fiber fill in mine.

So how much of mine did I finish?

Told ya I stitch slow and this includes the few stitches I have done since I got home! 
I might have been running my mouth more than my needle. LOL

It's always fun to spend a weekend with a room full of women that share a love of needlework. 

Next post I will show you what has been cutting into my stitching time at home. 



2 comments:

Terry said...

If you are slow, then I am a sloth! Those are very pretty projects!

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you managed to get a good bit stitched since the top block is total stitching, Tina. Each project is so pretty. It sounded like you had a wonderful time.