Sunday, December 21, 2008

On the tree

Do you know what happens when you start too many projects at once? Yep - none of them get finished.
Anyway - I thought I would show you that not all the ornaments on the tree are firemen. (and since I don't have any pictures of finished projects that are not gifts!)Not the best picture but here is the whole tree. I put it here this year because it involved moving the least amount of furniture.

The kids have all gotten a new ornament every year since their first Christmas. Since they were old enough, they usually pick the ornament they want. (and when they have their own home and own tree, the ornaments are theirs - and I will have a naked tree!)
Anyway - Timothy always picks either Taz or a truck


You never know what Brian will pick


Jason could probably still tell you all about the Ninja Turtles

I picked the ornament for them this year :)

The rest of these are mine and hubby's


The two felt ones were made by my grandmother


One of the kids made this one in school - a long time ago. We always put it at the top of the tree and it has survived so far!

This was the year we moved into this house.
Baby boy and his bride came in yesterday and will be here at least through the week.
Hope you are all ready for the holiday. I still have a little grocery shopping to do - some things you just can't buy too far ahead of time.























4 comments:

Picket said...

Hello friend..I loved seeing all your special ornaments..what memories they hold for you! Thanks so much for coming by and checking on me..Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Picket said...

That was so funny girl..lol hope all is well on your side of the mountain..I want to thank you for coming by and for the Christmas wishes...Merry Christmas to you & yours my friend!

Brenda Pruitt said...

It just amazes me when I go into someone elses house, and they have found the perfect yet unique spot for their tree. I would never have thought of it, but it looks lovely at their place. My neighbor has a very similar floor layout as my garden home. And she picked the greatest spot. I was really impressed with her choice. Yours looks great. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Brenda

nikkicrumpet said...

such fun ornaments with stories for each...it makes it fun to decorate the tree and remember all the special times attached to each ornament...and it's easier to get the kids to help! It looks really pretty.