I thought I would show more pictures of the laundry room even though it isn't quite finished yet. We still have to get doors put up but who knows how long that could take. If you want to see part one/before pictures either scroll down a couple of posts or click here.
So here goes - hubby says I have a whole lotta pink going on in here!
This is the new view from the kitchen
I had my ironing board hanging on the back of the door but since we are going to put French doors up that wasn't going to work so I just put some hooks on the wall (I have a new ironing board cover - just too lazy to put it on!) The 'laundry' sign I already had (half off at Hobby Lobby) The 'drip dry' sign I made from a scrap of the shelving boards.
This is what I put up on the shelves. The canvas totes on the top shelf have seasonal decor in them - I didn't want to put anything I needed on a regular basis up there since I have to get on a step ladder to reach that shelf - okay, I have to have the step ladder to reach the middle shelf too! I spray painted my laundry basket along with the other pink basket (and the picnic table, hubby informed me - couldn't help it, it was windy that day!) The yellow basket has canning jars in it - no, I don't can, but you never know when you might need a jar for something!
The pink and green fabric tote thing has gift bags in it - I use them over and over until they just shouldn't be used anymore! The plates are from the plate collage I had in my bedroom before - I still have plenty!
and here is that empty cubby. We put a cabinet with doors at the top - sometimes there is just stuff that needs to not be seen! I thought about trying to hide the laundry baskets but it is a working laundry room so there they sit. The lamp is one I had in the kitchen - I'm still trying to decide if I need to paint it - and what color if I did. The curtain under the shelf hides the laundry sorter. It is actually the top half of the curtain I used in the master bathroom - I only needed a short one but the one I liked only came in the long length so I cut off the bottom part (that had the edging I wanted) and sewed a rod pocket in it for the bathroom and used hem tape on the bottom part of the portion I cut off (which already had the rod pocket!) - a two-fer!
Much nicer space to walk in to now!